Welcome to the Pike Market Perfomers’ Guild:
Founded in the summer of 2001, we represent the Pike Place Market street performers in Seattle. Now in the eighth year of our existence, we have succeeded in becoming a voice for performers in the market and in the city beyond.
Some things we do:
- Mediate between merchants and buskers
- Promote recognition for Buskers in general
- Produce the annual Seattle Busker’s Festival
In 2004, the Seattle City Council proclaimed “Seattle Buskers’ Week” a week celebrating Street Performers city wide, culminating in the Pike Place Market Buskers’ Festival, a festival celebrating buskers from around the NW and beyond. 2009 was our eighth such festival. The festival is held the second weekend in September on several stages throught the Pike Place Market in Seattle.
The Pike Market Buskers Guild extends a personal and heartfelt invitation to you, whether performer, patron, or visitor, to attend any of our general meetings, held every 3rd Monday in the month at Pike Place Market. Join the Guild and get involved!
Typically on the 3rd Monday
6 pm – 9pm
(up the stairs south of “The Pig” past Best Flowers)
A short history of the guild:
- Jim Hinde – founder (deceased)
- Emery Carl (former Chair)
- Dan Murchison (deceased)
- Jonny Hahn
- Rio (Niceol) Blue (former Chair)
- Artis (former officer/founder)
- Greg Spence Wolf (Treasurer)
- Farrel Thomas (since the beginning)
- Mackensie Briggs
- and many more not mentioned here…