One of the challenges of owning a dog is to travel with his companion. There are problems when traveling with any breed, but the Boston Terriers have their own special needs that should be taken into account during long car journeys. There are many methods, tools, methods and techniques to manage car travel with your Boston Terrier. Some work better than others. Now, how is it possible to get the best results?
Understanding and preparation is definitely the key. In the same way, to get good results when traveling with your Boston Terrier, you need to have a lot more know-how about what works and be well prepared before traveling.
Here are 5 tips to travel by car smoothly with your Boston Terrier:
1. Take a long walk with your Boston before getting in the car.Why is it important? Boston Terriers are energetic by nature and can be bored and in a bad mood if they have to stay still for too long. The situation is aggravated if they have not had the chance to take a “toilet” break (which means many, if you already have a Boston).
best time to book flights
Make sure your friend has time to run and do business just before a long drive. And what exactly happens when you follow this advice? You can be sure that your Boston will be happy to sleep for a long part of the trip and will be comfortable until your first scheduled stop.
2. Bring a dish filled with ice instead of a bowl of water. The water tends to spill during a car ride, but it is absolutely essential that your Boston has access to cool, fresh water at all times, especially if you are traveling in the United States. summer. In reality, ice helps because Boston Terriers are brachycephalic (which means they have a short snout) and are very likely to overheat. Cold water will help your pet regulate his body temperature on a hot day.
3. Place the blinds in the windows of the car. Again, the main reason behind this is the intolerance of the Boston Terrier to heat. You may notice that your friends are attracted by the sun’s rays on the floor of the living room, but it is very important that they have a place in the shade where to lie down. It’s also a good idea, because Boston’s clothes are very thin and are very likely to be in direct sun for too long.
4. Have a comfortable car bed. And why is it a good idea? The car seats are designed for the comfort of the human buttocks and not for the comfort of our canine friends. With seat belts hanging and sewing in strange places, they can be very uncomfortable for your dog during a long trip. Another reason? Depending on the color of your car’s interior, seats (and seat belts) can get very hot – hot enough to burn your Boston. Having a special bed for your dog eliminates this risk.
5. Take breaks every 2 to 3 hours. And it will be important because of what? Like people, dogs need to take a break from time to time. On a long drive, your Boston can become as uncomfortable and hectic as possible. What are the other significant reasons? It’s neither healthy nor comfortable for your dog to “hold it” for long periods of time. If you notice that your dog drinks a lot of ice water that you have provided, you may need to stop more often. A good indicator? If you have to go, they probably do it too.
One last tip: Never leave your Boston Terrier in the car on a hot, sunny day. Even in cool weather, the temperature inside a car can increase by 30 degrees in less than 15 minutes, which can have deadly consequences for your pet while traveling.
When you carefully follow these 5 tips, you should expect to experience a happy and comfortable adventure while out on the road with your Boston Terrier.